Submitting A Service Request
If you have any issues with the portal, please contact us by phone at 1(833) 900-0697 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All Home Warranty Requests must be submitted directly to the Home Warranty Portal.
We do request that you live in your home for at least thirty (30) days before submitting a Home Warranty Request to allow us to respond to one service request instead of several as they are discovered.
Once we receive your Home Warranty Request, a Warranty Coordinator from Akel Homes’ Warranty Department will contact you to review your request within two (2) days. In order to confirm warranty coverage and determine appropriate action, we may contact you for a warranty inspection appointment. These appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM.
If the request meets the Limited Warranty, a warranty service work order will be issued and the appropriate trade contractor will contact you to schedule the work. Service appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM.
It is our intention to complete warranty work orders within fifteen (15) business days of the inspection unless you are unavailable for access. Sometimes a part may be back-ordered, we will keep you informed.
If repairs are needed for the appliances in your home, the manufacturers of these appliances will work directly with you. Before contacting the manufacturer, have the model and serial number of the item along with the closing date on your home on hand. Appliance warranties are generally for one year. Please refer to the literature provided by the manufacturer for complete information.
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please contact 911 immediately.
The majority of emergencies are typically plumbing, air conditioning, electrical, or heating related, and can be handled by contacting the contractor directly.
As defined by the Limited Warranty, “emergency” includes situations such as:
- Total loss of water (Check with the water department to be certain the problem is not a general outage in the area).
- Total loss of air conditioning.
- Total loss of electricity (Contact your utility company prior to contacting Akel Homes or the electrician).
- Total loss of heat.
- Plumbing leak that requires the entire water supply to the cut-off.
- Gas leak. (Contact your utility company or plumber if the leak is at the furnace or water heater supply lines).
- Roof leak – Although an emergency situation, repairs cannot be effectively or safely conducted until the weather clears up. Contact the service department during business hours and take the necessary steps to mitigate the damage to your home – we will follow up when it is possible to conduct repairs.
During Typical Work Hours Emergency
If any of these issues arise during business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday) please contact the Akel Homes Home Warranty Department.
After Typical Hours Emergency
If any of these issues arise, please log in to the Home Warranty Portal and contact the Contractor directly.